For over 40 years, Feizy® has defined industry standards for quality hand-knotted, hand-tufted and power-loomed rugs, providing luxury at any price — and now we’re looking to add you to our family. Embracing a family tradition of four generations, Feizy Rugs brings beauty to interior designs by building on the exceptional quality standards established in 1973 by company founder and CEO John Feizy. Headquartered in Dallas, Feizy Rugs is a five-time ARTS Award winner and the first and only Oriental rug manufacturer to have been inducted into the Accessories Resource Team’s ARTS Awards Hall of Fame.
Do you have what it takes?
Feizy is looking for an Accounting Manager with a passion for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department to ensure the company’s accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Does that sound like you? If so, get ready: Our employees work hard to play hard, create solid opportunities to grow the company and their careers, and enjoy competitive salaries, health benefits (life, medical, dental and vision), weekly pay cycles, direct deposit, paid time off and 401K. Casual dress code all week!
About the Role
The Accounting Manager manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department. You’ll also work with monthly and yearly closings, implement and manage accrual accounting process and accounts payable and receivable. Make no mistake: this is a pivotal role for our business! Excellent organizational skills are a must. Other responsibilities include:
- Regular functions of the accounting department including:
- Cash Receipts
- Treasury functions
- Cash Management
- Sales Commission Calculations
- Implement new GL and establish/maintain departmental and company-wide procedures
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Establish an organizational structure to effectively meet objectives
- Train, supervise and evaluate accounting/finance department staff
- Proven experience as an Accounting Manager
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards and regulations
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Ability to motivate team while simultaneously managing other projects
Based on experience
- This is largely a sedentary role
- Ability to bend, lift, stoop for filing- 50% of the time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position,
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position
5 years in Accounting and Finance
Bachelors in Accounting, CPAAAP/EEO Statement
Feizy Import and Export Co., Ltd provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Feizy Import and Export Co., Ltd complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Feizy Import and Export Co., Ltd expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Feizy Import and Export Co., Ltd employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.